The heavily-tattooed big man was drafted directly out of high school in 2004 and was a favorite amongst several well-respected NBA GMs, but his game never found a groove and he last played in the NBA back in 2009.
Swift played four seasons in the NBA, three of them with Seattle Supersonics, one with Oklahoma Thunder. He averaged career high 6.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg an 1.2 bpg for the Sonics in 2005-2006.
Swift holds career averages of 4.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg and 0.9 bpg, and 15.5 mpg in 97 NBA games (34 started)
After a stint in the NBA’s minor league and a jaunt playing professionally in Tokyo, Swift apparently has settled back in the Pacific Northwest, living in the same house he bought as a member of the Seattle SuperSonics.
His house was recently foreclosed upon, though, and the new owner would like Swift to abandon the property.
Swift, according to the television station KOMO (via Deadspin) isn’t going anywhere.
KOMO News tried to speak with Swift, and a woman who said she was his girlfriend said he couldn’t come out because he was sleeping.
The new owner has gone to court and, according to records, Swift has gone past his grace period to leave.
He has one final deadline at the end of the month. After that, he faces possible eviction by force.
Below is our latest poll. Please leave your vote!
Imagine you're a former NBA player. Which of the following achievements you would be mostly proud of?
- Winning NBA Championship(s) (49%, 83 Votes)
- Being selected to Basketball Hall of Fame (43%, 73 Votes)
- Leading league in stats once or more (scoring, rebounding, etc) (4%, 6 Votes)
- Being selected to your country's Olympic Basketball team (3%, 5 Votes)
- Participating in All-Star game(s) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Participating/winning NBA's Slam Dunk Contest (0%, 0 Votes)
- Participating/winning NBA's 3-point Shootout Contest (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 169
Stay updated on latest stories!
comments powered by Disqus