In the late 90s, Mike Bibby led Shadow Mountain to their first ever basketball state championship.
He then went on to the University of Arizona where he brought back the first basketball National Championship to Tucson before beginning a long and successful NBA career that has been full of playoff runs and finals appearances.
In the NBA, Bibby played in 1001 games (950 started), averaging 14.7 ppg, 5.5 apg in 33.9 minutes per game. He spent his last season with the New York Knicks in 2011-2012.
Still to this day, he is one of the best basketball players ever to come out of the state of Arizona.
Shadow Mountain retired his number 10 jersey and it has not been worn once by anyone at the school until this season.
The young man sporting the number 10 now is none other than Bibby’s son, Michael Bibby Jr. And now the second generation of Bibby at Shadow Mountain is the starting point guard for a young up and coming Matador team that has already won more games in 2012 than they did in 2010 and 2011 combined.
Bringing back the winning tradition the school had and making the future as bright as its ever been.
Below is our latest poll. Please leave your vote!
Not long ago, former NBA players proposed what they would've changed in the NBA today. ExNBA.com also has a preposition.Which one do you support?
- Eliminate Western-Eastern conferences in Playoffs, let all teams compete for title (K. Smith) (25%, 33 Votes)
- Impose harder, stricter rules against flopping (ExNBA.com) (19%, 25 Votes)
- Allow players to enter NBA only after 2 years of college (C. Barkley) (18%, 24 Votes)
- Add another referee to sidelines, to watch games through monitors (R. Miller) (15%, 19 Votes)
- Eliminate defensive 3-second violation rule (S. Kerr) (14%, 18 Votes)
- Add "penalty box", so players could fight after games (S. O'Neal) (8%, 10 Votes)
- Eliminate charges (C. Webber) (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 131
Stay updated on latest stories!
comments powered by Disqus