With this year’s festivities in Houston, former Rockets stars Yao Ming, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, and Dikembe Mutombo have all come to town.
Former Rockets star Steve Francis is also in town, though not in the same shape is the aforementioned stars, SportsGrid reported.
Francis played in 576 NBA games (543 started), averaging 18.1 ppg, 5.6 rpg and 6.0 apg in 37.6 minutes of action.
Francis was also elected to the NBA All-Star team three times, in 2002, 2003, and 2004.
After his NBA career was over, Francis played for the Beijing Ducks of the Chinese Basketball Association.
In November 2010, Francis signed with the Beijing Ducks, and averaged 0.5 points and 0.7 rebounds over four games, playing 14 minutes, before leaving the team in late December of that same year to return to the United States.
Francis has ventured into several entrepreneurial projects, including a construction company, boxing promotions, a barbershop and clothing line (We R One), as well as a hip hop record label named Mazerati Music.
Judging by some pictures that have surfaced online, Francis has not been doing so well since retiring in 2008. Really sad to see. Hopefully Francis takes note from the response he’s getting this weekend and takes care of himself a little bit better after this.
Below is our latest poll. Please leave your vote!
Imagine you're a former NBA player. Which of the following achievements you would be mostly proud of?
- Winning NBA Championship(s) (49%, 83 Votes)
- Being selected to Basketball Hall of Fame (43%, 73 Votes)
- Leading league in stats once or more (scoring, rebounding, etc) (4%, 6 Votes)
- Being selected to your country's Olympic Basketball team (3%, 5 Votes)
- Participating in All-Star game(s) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Participating/winning NBA's Slam Dunk Contest (0%, 0 Votes)
- Participating/winning NBA's 3-point Shootout Contest (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 169
Stay updated on latest stories!
comments powered by Disqus