This year, the 14th Annual NBA Legends Brunch saw over 1,500 retired players, their families and fans attending the event, which is hosted by the National Basketball Retired Players Association – a non-profit association comprised of former NBA, ABA and Harlem Globetrotters players.
This year, the “Ambassador of the Year” award was presented to former Houston Rockets center Yao Ming.
Yao’s foundation and his partnership with NBA China has enabled him to “build a bridge” between his homeland and the U.S.
The 7-6 native of Shanghai, whose eight-season career was interrupted and cut short by foot and leg injuries, was introduced by current Rockets guard Jeremy Lin.
Yao played 8 years in the NBA – all for the Houston Rockets. He holds career averages of 19 points per game, 9.2 rebounds per game, and 1.9 blocks per game.
Yao appeared in 486 NBA games (476 started), and was selected to the NBA All-Star team 8 times.
Below is our latest poll. Please leave your vote!
Imagine you're a former NBA player. Which of the following achievements you would be mostly proud of?
- Winning NBA Championship(s) (49%, 83 Votes)
- Being selected to Basketball Hall of Fame (43%, 73 Votes)
- Leading league in stats once or more (scoring, rebounding, etc) (4%, 6 Votes)
- Being selected to your country's Olympic Basketball team (3%, 5 Votes)
- Participating in All-Star game(s) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Participating/winning NBA's Slam Dunk Contest (0%, 0 Votes)
- Participating/winning NBA's 3-point Shootout Contest (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 169
Stay updated on latest stories!
comments powered by Disqus