This year, the 14th Annual NBA Legends Brunch saw over 1,500 retired players, their families and fans attending the event, which is hosted by the National Basketball Retired Players Association – a non-profit association comprised of former NBA, ABA and Harlem Globetrotters players.
This year, the “Ambassador of the Year” award was presented to former Houston Rockets center Yao Ming.
Yao’s foundation and his partnership with NBA China has enabled him to “build a bridge” between his homeland and the U.S.
The 7-6 native of Shanghai, whose eight-season career was interrupted and cut short by foot and leg injuries, was introduced by current Rockets guard Jeremy Lin.
Yao played 8 years in the NBA – all for the Houston Rockets. He holds career averages of 19 points per game, 9.2 rebounds per game, and 1.9 blocks per game.
Yao appeared in 486 NBA games (476 started), and was selected to the NBA All-Star team 8 times.
Below is our latest poll. Please leave your vote!
Not long ago, former NBA players proposed what they would've changed in the NBA today. ExNBA.com also has a preposition.Which one do you support?
- Eliminate Western-Eastern conferences in Playoffs, let all teams compete for title (K. Smith) (25%, 33 Votes)
- Impose harder, stricter rules against flopping (ExNBA.com) (19%, 25 Votes)
- Allow players to enter NBA only after 2 years of college (C. Barkley) (18%, 24 Votes)
- Add another referee to sidelines, to watch games through monitors (R. Miller) (15%, 19 Votes)
- Eliminate defensive 3-second violation rule (S. Kerr) (14%, 18 Votes)
- Add "penalty box", so players could fight after games (S. O'Neal) (8%, 10 Votes)
- Eliminate charges (C. Webber) (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 131
Stay updated on latest stories!
comments powered by Disqus