The 1992 United States men’s Olympic basketball team, nicknamed the “Dream Team”, was the first American Olympic team to feature active NBA players.
Described by American journalists as the greatest sports team ever assembled, it defeated its opponents by an average of almost 44 points en route to the gold medal against Croatia at the 1992 Summer Olympics held in Barcelona.
The original Dream Team consisted of Christian Laettner, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Chris Mullin, Charles Barkley, and Magic Johnson.
This video below shows the the Finals, as the U.S. Dream Team going up against the team of Angola. Watch video below.
Below is our latest poll. Please leave your vote!
Not long ago, former NBA players proposed what they would've changed in the NBA today. ExNBA.com also has a preposition.Which one do you support?
- Eliminate Western-Eastern conferences in Playoffs, let all teams compete for title (K. Smith) (25%, 33 Votes)
- Impose harder, stricter rules against flopping (ExNBA.com) (19%, 25 Votes)
- Allow players to enter NBA only after 2 years of college (C. Barkley) (18%, 24 Votes)
- Add another referee to sidelines, to watch games through monitors (R. Miller) (15%, 19 Votes)
- Eliminate defensive 3-second violation rule (S. Kerr) (14%, 18 Votes)
- Add "penalty box", so players could fight after games (S. O'Neal) (8%, 10 Votes)
- Eliminate charges (C. Webber) (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 131
Stay updated on latest stories!
comments powered by Disqus